Border Collies Needing Homes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Border Collies Needing Homes

Welcome to Border Collies Needing Homes Forum. Please REGISTER to post on here. When posting please always choose the heading title carefully. Read the rules for adding posts. No rudeness will be tolerated.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shannon adopted 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BCNHadmin
Admin
BCNHadmin

Shannon adopted 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Shannon adopted 2011   Shannon adopted 2011 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Admin note:  I am posting this on behalf of Shannons new owner:

Shannon , Born sometime in 2010, Came to live with me on 22nd September 2011
I'm his  7th   (and last) owner!
Vowing not to take on another dog, this dog's photos begged me to bring him home.

He had been adopted from the City Dog Home/Pound by his previous owner, who, after having him for  5 months, admitted she couldn't cope with his hyper activity levels and some of the bad behavioural traits he had acquired.  She wrote to me asking if I could put him on my website www.bordercolliesneedinghomes.weebly.com to find him a new home.
After a few sleepless nights and emails and phone calls back and forth to his owner, I finally decided he would come and live with me!!!
He is the only boy among all my girls!!
Yet another "no more dogs" resolution has been broken!!
UPDATE:
I took him to a flyball tournament where any human or dog who passed us was rewarded by him lunging, snarling and barking at them until he was distracted by me showing him a tennis ball, or giving the person a tennis ball to lob to him to catch, then he was friends with them:-)
4th October 2011:  First Flyball training. Went better than expected.  What a difference a tennis ball can make!!
18th October 2011:  Did well, runs warily up the lane, triggers the box and brings the tennis ball back.
Is now friendly with the people on the training ground or totally ignores them unless he's on a lead. (unless they have a tennis ball!)  Allowed someone he didn't know to hold him for a run-back!!  That is really a big step forward as she had to hold his harness and he didn't try to bite her.

He's getting more settled.  Took him to a tournament to introduce him.  That was a bit of a culture shock!  So many people, so many dogs, lots of noisy barking.
July 2013
Totally out of condition he has a muscles and toning of a canine athlete now.  Regular training and some starter competition have done him so much good.
He entered his first open competition in June and ran every leg paw perfect.  I'm so pleased I took him on.  He's been the biggest challenge I've ever taken on but it's been worth every second, minute, hour, day, month of the time spent to rehabilitate him.  I love him to bits
Back to top Go down
http://bordercolliesneedinghomes.weebly.com/index.html
BCNHadmin
Admin
BCNHadmin

Shannon adopted 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Shannon Photos and Video    Shannon adopted 2011 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Shannon adopted 2011 2011ShannonwithValerieRJstanding_zps126d678f

This is a video of his first open tournament June 2013 at Beighton running
in division 1 with the Karma Kanines

Back to top Go down
http://bordercolliesneedinghomes.weebly.com/index.html

Shannon adopted 2011
Page 1 of 1